It’s time again for The Little House on the Prairie Living’s Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange. These Egg and Hashbrown Nest Cups have a hash brown crust filled with eggs and yumminess. I made these a bit like mini quiches, mixing milk, cheese, bacon and broccoli bits into the eggs, with a hash brown crust instead of a pastry crust. I’ll warn you that the hash browns will stick to the pan unless you grease it VERY well. I think next time I will treat it like a real quiche and make this in a pie pan instead of a muffin tin.
Egg and Hash Brown Nest Cups
1 24 oz. bag of shredded hash browns
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
Bacon bits or 8=10 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup broccoli chopped
1/2 cup milk
- Pour the bag of hash browns into a large bowl and mix in the salt, pepper, oil and the shredded cheese.
- Divide amongst the cups in your muffin tin, keeping the mixture from spilling out of the cup or it will be harder to remove, and making sure to grease tin well beforehand.
- Bake hash browns at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until starting to crisp.
- Take them out and lower the temp of the oven to 350 degrees.
- While they’re cooking, mix the eggs, bacon, milk and broccoli together in a bowl.
- You can top them with some bacon and a sprinkle of extra cheese if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Slide a knife along the edges to remove from pan.